Virtual Play Along Series
Emit is thrilled to announce the Play Along Series, designed for audience members to experience Emit's programming from the comfort of their own home, free of charge!
We are so excited to be able to expand our reach and create content that is inclusive of all learners. We are strongly committed to continuing this program even after we are able to gather together in person again!
Support for CART captioning on these productions provided in part through funding
from Access A.R.T./New York, a program of the Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York (A.R.T./New York).
All of our performances are highly interactive! We will spend some time at the beginning of the performance reviewing a few Zoom functions that will allow you to interact with the performance.
However, if you’d like to go over those functions ahead of time, we have prepared written and video tutorials below.
Para obtener una traducción al español de los pasos, haga clic aquí.
Zoom Settings (for maximum Shakespeare fun!)
1. When you register for the performance, you will receive a link the day before the performance. Click the link to open Zoom.
2. In the upper right hand corner of the screen, select "Gallery View." (This icon may be in a different spot on your screen if you are on a tablet or phone.)
3. In the lower left hand corner, find the video icon. Select the ^ button and click "Video Settings." In the Settings box, select "Hide non-video participants."
4. Familiarize yourself with the "Chat" feature at the bottom of your screen. You will use it during the show!
Snap Camera: Just for fun, you can add filters to your video during a performance!
1. Download Snap Camera at Please note your computer’s software and Zoom must be fully up to date in order for Snap Camera to run correctly in Zoom.
2. While you're in Zoom, open Snap Camera.
3. In Zoom, click the up carrot ^ next to the video icon and select "Snap Camera."
4. On Snap Camera, click the filter you'd like to use. This is a great way to add costumes or fun effects to your video during a performance!
An additional video tutorial for Snap Camera is available here.